Is today Thursday? It feels like a Thursday. I'm going to treat it like a Thursday. I had something else entirely in mind for my 13, but life happened and so I'm going to give you 13 things that have gone wrong in 3 days.
1) My cat's puked green Christmas tree needles all over my light tan carpeting while we were gone, staining it and I have to move in 5ish months and this carpet WAS brand new.
2) My steam vac is broken. (Goodby pet deposit)
3) My dog came home from the kennel and blew his coat. He's a Lab/newfoundland mix. He has 2 coats, a long and a short. He's 98 pounds. That's a lot of hair on my light tan/green spotted carpeting.
4) My vacuume (which is only a year old mind you) broke. Or rather, I believe the belt broke. Not one store in this godforsaken town carries a belt for my vacuume. I'm going to pretend it's a faux fur shag carpet..
5) I have one son that will be 20 in March. There's a lot of drama attached to that statement.
6) I have another son that will be 17 in April. There is even more drama attached to *THAT* statement.
7) My dog needs to have a cyst removed and I'm having a hard time getting ahold of the old vet to have the medical records from his last cyst removal faxed to the new vet who won't even talk to me till he has them.
8) I ate 2 bagels in one day to deal with the stress of numbers 5 & 6. I did not smother them with butter and cream cheese, but I thought I was past using food as a stress relief and it disappoints me more than I can say that I did that.
9) I am one week behind on my marathon training schedule. One full week. All I can do is go on from here, but it pisses me off.
10) I put a brand new blade in my razor, (a four blade deal) not realizing the new blade was damaged I hopped in the shower and destroyed my left leg.
11) I blew my new years resolution to stop swearing.
12) I had to change the licence plates on DH's car in the freezing rain and take said car to get a state inspection which was supposed to take one hour. One hour AFTER they said they were done AND I had already paid, the car was still up on the lift. I got to drive it home in more freezing rain after I reminded them I had a life outside of their lobby.
13) There was so much salt caked on my car from out trip that I couldn't see out my windows or mirrors because they were so thick with white it looked like they had been spray painted. I took it to THREE different car washes, all closed or out of service before finally driving another hour over to the base to the do it yourself carwash. In the freezing rain. It took 3 hours to feel my fingers again, but hey...my freakin' car is clean and I was able to see out the windows and avoid some of the icy spots on the way home.
This list is not even HALF of what went on this week, and it may not even be Thursday, but there's just some stuff a girl can't blog about!
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Drifter is also blowing her coat. It looks like a few rabbits exploded in my house :)
I break belts on my vacuum constantly.
I had a grilled cheese today. :)
You were the Thursday Thirteen friend, did you get that?! Not sure if you connected the dots!
Ok...feeling your pain here. Understand more than you know about the bagel "incident." Total empathy there sister!
Oh noes. Sounds like you've had a helluva week so far.
Yep, its Wednesday. You are the only blogger friend that can get away with doing a TT today and be all cute about it.
I had half a bagel spread with cream cheese yesterday and I had no stress. So don't feel bad, you're human!
Vacuums suck, don't they?
(pun intended)
i'll find myself raiding the fridge at times when i'm stressed and i too thought i had moved past that. i guess there's a reason they call it comfort food...i dunno.
no one ever calls a salad comfort food though do they?
lol @ your 5 & 6 though. kids! gotta love 'em!
Have you tried 'Nature's Miracle' on the carpet? They sell it at just about every pet shop. That stuff got a HUGE nasty stain out of the carpet when our dog had a blowout from her backside.
My son is going to be 19 and my daughter 16, both in April... So yeah, I totally feel you! 'Cause we're only like 25 right?
I heard about the ice storm on the east coast. Sounds icky!
M~
My car looks like that from November to April, welcome to Michigan in the winter! Sometimes I have to stop at the gas station just to wash my side mirrors and windows, cuz I hate driving in a fog.
I can relate; sometimes life throws curveballs.
Post a Comment